Luxury custom built multi-generational (or income) side by side duplex with 3 private entrances ideal for a home business and 2 families in Ottawa’s sought after Hiawatha Park by the Ottawa River. Located adjacent to multi-million dollar homes and overlooking the Ottawa River, this legal dual dwelling exudes character, luxury and charm. Huge lot. Enjoy river and garden views from inside both residences and from a variety of raised decks surrounding the house. Outdoor enthusiasts’ dream location: home is on bike trail along the Ottawa River, a short walk to launch your kayak or canoe on the Ottawa River, mountain biking or cross-country skiing at your door step. Live, work and play from home! Easy picturesque commute along the Ottawa River parkway by car or bicycle to private schools and university. Close access to highway. 15 minutes to downtown Ottawa.
Stylish metal roof with 50-year transferable warranty (2016). Huge lot for the City (70.91 F x 101.6 F). Original dwelling recently extensively and professionally upgraded & doubled in size (2004) to allow for a second legal and fireproofed self contained one bedroom unit with laundry and decks. Detached garage for healthier living and to allow all occupants to benefit from natural lighting and to enjoy views of the perennial gardens as well as the Ottawa River. Upscale neighbourhood, well above the flood plain. 2 families can maintain privacy and the ultimate in comfort, yet still have the convenience of being right next door without ever having to go outside to see each other if they wish. 4 bedrooms with possibility of making 2 extra bedrooms in lower level. 2 laundry hook ups (main level of secondary residence and lower level of primary residence). Electric radiant floor heating in foyer, kitchen and bathroom of primary residence. Variety of flooring materials (no carpets): walnut & maple hardwood, porcelain &ceramic tiles, luxury vinyl, cork, etc. Each dwelling has its own furnace, AC and water heater for maximum comfort of everyone. Large interlock driveway can accommodate 6 vehicles plus 1 in single car garage. Crown moldings, pot lights, ceiling speakers. Irrigation system (in-ground sprinklers). Modern gas fireplace in primary residence. Art studio professional lighting to display your art collection. Built-in custom desk in primary and secondary residence kitchens.2 separate staircases to lower level in primary residence. 3 private entrances for 2 residences and a business. Currently set-up for a home business - ideal for hairstylist, massage therapist, acupuncturist, chiropractor, etc. Lower level has a hair-washing station (backwash) and a workstation with a stainless steel sink. Raised vegetable garden bed designed with landscaping stones. Easy access to 174. Close to schools, community centres and stores. Detached garage and custom-built brick shed matching house metal roof. Thomasville raised panels solid cherry wood cabinets with glaze finish and granite countertops in primary residence kitchen and dining room. Thomasville raised panels solid maple wood cabinets with glaze finish and granite countertops in primary and secondary residence bathrooms. Maple wood raised panels with antique glaze finish with granite countertops in secondary residence kitchen.
Secondary ground level residence is a self-contained 800 sq ft 1 bed unit with laundry and decks without access to lower level for primary residence privacy. Access to mechanical rooms for both dwellings is through the primary residence which offers expansive lower level living .
Dimensions des pièces:
- Kitchen - Primary Residence: 17'11" x 11'8"
- Dining Room - Primary Residence: 10'7" x 9'6"
- Dining Room - Primary Residence Extra: 3'9" x 3'4"
- Kitchen - Secondary Residence: 12'8" x 11'2"
- Great Room - Secondary Residence: 16'6" x 13'2"
- Bedroom 1 - Secondary Residence: 16' x 10'5"
- Bedroom 1 Walk-in Closet - Secondary Residence: 8' x 6'6"
- Bathroom 1 - Secondary Residence: 10' x 7''2"
- Laundry/Pantry - Secondary Residence: 9'3" x 5'5"
- Bathroom 2 - Primary Residence: 10'2" x 6'
- Living Room - Primary Residence: 15'4" x 11'7"
- Foyer - Business - Primary Residence: 11'6" x 5'
- Bedroom 2: 15'11" x 9'3"
- Bedroom 3: 11'6" x 9'3"
- Zen or TV Room: 15'3" x 9'3"
- Hair Studio: 13'4" x 10'9"
- Rec Room: 19'3" x 14'4"
- Teen Retreat: 17'9" x 10'9"
- Bathroom 3: 10'3" x 8'
- Bedroom 4: 12'5" x 10'7"
- Multi-generational side by side duplex or
- Income Self-contained Unit - Perfect for Snowbirds
- Ottawa River views
- Upscale neighbourhood by the Ottawa River
- 3 private entrances for 2 residences and a business
- Ideal for a home business (currently set up as a hair studio)
- Stylish metal roof
- 4 bedrooms with potential for 2 legal extra bedrooms
- 2 laundry hook-ups
- Huge lot size for the City (70.91 F x 101.6 F)
- No carpets – only hardwood, tiles, etc.
- Crown mouldings, pot lights
- In-ground sprinkler system
- Modern gas fireplace
- Built-in custom desks in both main floor kitchens
- 2 separate staircases to lower level in primary residence
- Large interlock 6 car driveway plus 1 in single car garage
- Close to schools, community centres and stores
- Cherry wood and maple wood quality cabinets throughout