A true 'wow' home featuring 4 large bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, open concept kitchen & family room, study, formal dining room, main floor laundry, a massive bonus room over the garage, 2 wood burning fireplaces, huge finished lower level with wet bar and 2 dens. Outside you will enjoy the backyard oasis with a show stopping sunken patio, 3 tier fountain, easy to care for plants, a full cedar hedge which creates a private natural fence, a large storage shed, a fabulous high end gas Webber BBQ for the family grill master and plenty of mature trees for shade, (new grass to come in the backyard). The positioning of this home has the advantage of no neighbours directly facing into the house in either the front or back yards. This home is an easy walk to several schools, the Richcraft Complex, tennis courts, skating rinks, South March Highlands Conservation Forest, shopping, many parks and a new transit station.
As you enter the home, you are welcomed in grandeur with a double height foyer, plenty of natural light, 2 staircases: one to the upper level bonus room boasting 2 walls of windows and a wood burning fireplace, the second, a curved sweeping staircase leading to the bedroom level with a catwalk open to the entry.
The main floor has ceramic tile and hardwood flooring throughout. The study has a bay window facing the front yard, hardwood floors and double french doors. The formal dining room has hardwood floors, a butler’s entry to the kitchen, double french doors leading to the foyer, and a large window.
The main floor laundry room has plenty of cabinetry, a large capacity washer & dryer, and doors leading to both the side yard and garage. The powder room with a granite counter top is conveniently located next to the side door entry The great room at the back of the house is perfect for hosting parties. It includes a large kitchen with plenty of white wood cabinets, granite counters, and a breakfast area with patio doors. The kitchen area, open to the family room, has hardwood flooring and the second wood burning fireplace.
There are 4 large bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms upstairs along with a bonus room accessed by a separate staircase.
The master suite has been newly renovated and showcases an expansive window, a seating area, hand-scraped hardwood floors, ceiling fan, and a massive walk-in closet leading to the ensuite bathroom, (perfect when you and your spouse do not get ready at the same time!).
The second bedroom has an oversized closet, a ceiling fan and a huge bay widow with a built-in seat overlooking the backyard.
The 3rd bedroom has a large closet, and ceiling fan. The room has a shelf around the perimeter that's perfect for displaying all of those sports trophies!
The 4th bedroom has a large window overlooking the front of the house and ample storage.
The cat walk leading to the 4th bedroom is open on each side and flooded with natural light. There is a 4-pc. updated bathroom and a stunning brand new light fixture.
The bonus room over the garage has 4 large windows, a wood burning fireplace and is open to the bedroom level and entry.
Huge bright finished area with wet bar, 3 pc. bath, 2 dens, workshop and storage. One of the dens is currently being used as a home theater while the other is used a 5th bedroom.
- Study: 16 x 10'8"
- Family Room: 19'6" x 11'3"
- Dining Room: 12'11"' x 10' 7"
- Kitchen & Breakfast room: 11'9" x 20'2"
- Powder Room:
- Laundry Room:
- Garage: 19'8" x 18'2"
- Master Bedroom: 20'4" x 12'11"
- Ensuite & Walk-in closet: 11' x5' 4"
- Bedroom 2: 12'8" x 10'9"
- Bedroom 3: 12'2" x 10'9"
- Bedroom 4: 11' x 10'
- Bonus Room: 19'5" x 16'7"
- 4 pc. Bathroom:
- Recreation Area L shaped long area: 30'5' x 11' 7"
- Recreation Area L shaped wet bar area: 9' x 16'
- Den 1: 10'3" x 13'10"
- Den 2: 10'4" x 12'4"
- Storage 1:
- Storage 2:
- No houses facing directly into this home front or rear yards
- 3,060 square feet not including the finished lower level
- Hard wood and ceramic on main level & master bedroom retreat
- New roof 2015
- Webber BBQ attached to Natural Gas hook up included (2015)
- 2 wood burning fireplaces
- Central Vacum
- Central Air
- Home Security System
- High efficiency Furnace
- Large private landscaped yard
- Bright, spotless and lovingly maintained with evident pride of ownership
- Fantastic location - walk easily to everything you need
- Wonderful neighbors!
- New light fixtures in dining, (Dec 2015), entry & upper staircase, (April 2017)
- New entry door, (Jan 2017)
- In the heart of Kanata high tech North
- Minutes from the new DoD headquarters